Posted by gmv on 11/2/2023 to Cheese
Thanksgiving is all about bringing family and friends together for a warm and memorable feast. And what better way to add some interactive fun to your holiday gathering than with a Thanksgiving Cheese Fondue featuring Amish Cheddar and Swiss? This cheesy delight combines the rich, comforting flavors of Cheddar and Swiss with the interactive and communal experience of dipping your favorite foods into a bubbling pot of goodness. It's a surefire way to create lasting memories and take your Thanksgiving celebration to a whole new level.
8 oz Amish Cheddar cheese, grated
8 oz Amish Swiss cheese, grated
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
A pinch of nutmeg
A pinch of black pepper
1 French baguette, cubed
Assorted dippables (cubed apple, pear, boiled potatoes, broccoli, and more)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1. Prepare the Fondue Pot:
- Rub the inside of a fondue pot with the peeled garlic cloves. This infuses a subtle garlic flavor into the pot.
- In a bowl, mix the grated Amish Cheddar and Amish Swiss cheeses.
- Pour the dry white wine into the fondue pot and heat it over medium-low heat until it's hot but not boiling.
- Add the lemon juice and Dijon mustard to the wine, stirring gently.
- Gradually add the grated cheese mixture, stirring constantly in a zigzag pattern to ensure the cheese melts evenly.
- Once the cheese is fully melted and smooth, add a pinch of nutmeg and a pinch of black pepper. Stir well.
- Your Thanksgiving Cheese Fondue with Amish Cheddar and Swiss is ready to be served. Keep the fondue pot warm over a low flame to maintain the creamy consistency.
- Set up a platter of assorted dippables like cubed apples, pears, boiled potatoes, and blanched broccoli.Provide each guest with a long fondue fork or skewer for dipping.
- Gather around the fondue pot, dip your dippables into the velvety cheese mixture, and savor the rich, cheesy goodness.
- To prevent the cheese from becoming too thick, if it does, add a splash of white wine and stir gently.
- Don't forget to stir continuously while melting the cheese to prevent it from sticking or burning.
- Get creative with your dippables. Try chunks of crusty bread, roasted vegetables, or even cooked sausage.
Thanksgiving Cheese Fondue with Amish Cheddar and Swiss is not only a delectable treat but also an engaging way to bond with loved ones during the holiday. It's an ideal addition to your Thanksgiving celebration, creating a fun and memorable experience that your guests will cherish. So, this Thanksgiving, gather around the bubbling pot of cheese and let the dipping adventures begin!